Inspired by a popular Fusion meal
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
- 400g chicken breast thinly sliced
- 0.5 red pepper diced in 2cm squares
- 0.5 green pepper diced in 2cm squares
- 0.5 yellow pepper diced in 2cm squares
- 0.5 red onion diced in 2cm squares
- 2 tsp of chopped garlic
- 2 tsp of chopped ginger
- 2 tsp of chopped birdseye red chilli (deseeded unless you want more heat)
- 1 green chilli, chopped fine (remove the seeds if you like it less hot)
- 1 spring onion, sliced fine to garnish
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying
For the sauce:
- 8 tbsp Lingham’s Original Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of dark soy
- 150ml of veg stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour slurry
- Splash of Shaoxing Rice Wine (optional)
- A few dashes of Sesame Oil
- Start by adding vegetable oil to a wok and add the mix of garlic, ginger and red chilli and fry for 30 secs. Then add the sliced chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken starts to brown.
- Add the mix of onions and peppers to the chicken and continue to cook and stir for a further 3-4 minutes
- Add the soy sauces and Lingham’s Original Chilli Sauce and ensure everything is well coated and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the veg stock and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the cornflour slurry to thicken the sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a splash of Shaoxing rice wine and a few dashes of sesame oil, let it cook for another couple of minutes and then it’s ready to serve
- Garnish with finely sliced spring onion and sesame seeds for that authentic look
- Best enjoyed with a bowl of jasmine rice, quick and convenient for Cheeky Chilli Chicken
- For the brave, replace Lingham’s Original with the Extra Hot Version for a real firecracker.
- Feel free to swap the chicken for prawns, tofu, tempeh or even paneer.